Profile Picture

GlobalSCAPE COM API

Posted By cgrego Last Year
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (427 reputation)Supreme Being (427 reputation)Supreme Being (427 reputation)Supreme Being (427 reputation)Supreme Being (427 reputation)Supreme Being (427 reputation)Supreme Being (427 reputation)Supreme Being (427 reputation)Supreme Being (427 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
What scripting languages are supported in the GlobalSCAPE COM API? We are currently running EFT Server Enterprise 6.3.16 Build 12.05.2011.1 but will soon be upgrading. I've done a lot of work in the past with PowerShell scripting and am more comfortable with using that than VBScript. I would like to know if there's any way a PS script can be run as embedded code or otherwise from the AWE?

Also, what does the "ICI" prefix in the GlobalSCAPE COM API interfaces stand for?

davidmd
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (5,616 reputation)Supreme Being (5,616 reputation)Supreme Being (5,616 reputation)Supreme Being (5,616 reputation)Supreme Being (5,616 reputation)Supreme Being (5,616 reputation)Supreme Being (5,616 reputation)Supreme Being (5,616 reputation)Supreme Being (5,616 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I believe it is geared for VB, but I could be wrong. I have scripted Perl to access the COM API, so I don't think it really matters what language you use. I would assume that Powershell can access the COM objects. As far as how to access them, you might just have to look at samples and play around with it to get what you want/need.

Certx1164
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)Forum Member (44 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Pretty much any scripting language that can access COM objects. I have scripts in VBS, perl, and PowerShell, and have seen them in CSharp (C#) as well. In fact, the COM API guide gives some examples in VBS, Perl, and C#.

C