Preventing Event Rule Failures?

crussocrusso Posts: 10 Resident

I rarely use event rules for anything but calling AWEs. Recently I've been forced to use event rules to connect with a certain vendor. Can anyone tell me how to NOT log failures when successfully connecting to a client and not finding a file to retrieve?

I'd like to put an e-mail notification after the 'move' (login and retrieve) action to notify me of real connection issues. Failing to pick up a file doesn't concern me. I see that it could be useful, just not in most cases.

Note: the 'move' action to place a file has an option to treat the attempt to upload as a success if EFT has nothing to upload. It's the download 'move' action that is missing this feature.

Comments

• jstarkweatherjstarkweather Posts: 3 Newbie

Hi crusso,

What type of event rule are you using? timed event, file downloaded? etc...

• crussocrusso Posts: 10 Resident

Hi jstarkweather. Thanks for responding!

In all cases, I'm using a scheduled event rule. When I need to download from the server, I'm using a 'Download file' action. When I need to upload to the client, I'm using a 'Move file' action.

So, let me change my question slightly because I just noticed an error within my original question. Within the event rule, I'd like to put an e-mail notification after the 'Download file' action. Because there is no option to treat the failure to download a file as a success, when I add an e-mail notification (upon failure), I get e-mails. Many of our processes check hourly because the vendor releases files throughout the day.

I've added 4 screenshots to help clarify.
    1. Server Connection with Download File Action <-- Event rule
    2. Server Connection with Download File Action 2 <-- Download Action screen, which is missing the option to treat the download as a success if there are no files to download.
    3. Client Connection with Upload File Action <-- Event rule
    4. Client Connection with Upload File Action 2 <-- Offload Action screen with the option to tread the download as a success if there are no files to upload.

• kkoponenkkoponen Posts: 4 Newbie

Been away too long!

I created an advanced workflow called DoesFileExist which does a get filepath (passed from the event rule) file information that I execute before the file transfer task. This returns an error to the event rule that triggers the "if action failed" track after the Execute. In your case, you could just stop processing more rules.

Thank you, kkoponen. It took me and Lance a few minutes to figure out your approach, but this will work!

• cjirkacjirka Posts: 2 Newbie

What about "If File Does Exist at..." after your download step? then follow that with your move.

The simplest solution... I never thought of that. Thanks. :)